Forum Discussion

2 days ago

AMA: I'm Courtney Youngblutt, Xplan Design Consultant and efficiency expert, Ask Me Anything!

Do you ever wish there was a way to automate some of your daily routine tasks in Xplan and free up time and work on things that matter?

Join me here on Wednesday 30th October from 3pm to 4pm.

Experienced in all things Xplan, I’ve worked with hundreds of practices to improve processes and increase everyday efficiencies. If it’s repeatable, it likely can be automated in part or in full. I’m here to help!

Start popping in your questions below and Ask Me Anything!

💬 This AMA is text-based so I’ll answer your pre-submitted questions in the scheduled time.

📆 Click here to save the date in your calendar.

🔔 Don’t forget to hit the bell in the top right corner to be notified.

• Hi Courtney, thanks for your time and a great area to discuss! I'd love to hear what are the biggest 4 or 5 things you most commonly do to help your clients? I find often it's not the things we think we need, but a suggestion which makes you realise you could have been doing something so much more efficiently and not even realised! Cheers, Mat

• Hi Courtney

Is there a way to send an automated templated email to a client on their Birthday?

Please also go through auto sending quarterly reports and sms reminders for appts also.

It would great if xplan task lists for a day could be ordered (like drag and drop) for priority (not just using priority drop down) - is this possible?

If there are any other xplan efficiency gems you know of and no one has asked about, please share, as we don't know, what we don't know until we know  it!

Thanks ;)

jaclyn.bazin4
    Exploring Newcomer

Hello Courtney,

In reviewing an old workflow for a practice, it became obvious many steps could now be made redundant and replaced with automation - interested in seeing how you would simplify & automate parts of this original process.

1. Prepare Prospect Pack (Admin)
    2. Send Prospect Pack to Prospect (Admin)
    3. Update FSG sent details in Xplan (Admin)
    4. Schedule Appointment (Admin)
    5. Send Appt Confirmation (Admin)
    6. Follow Up Pre-Appt information from Prospect  (Admin)
    7. Print Fact Find, Risk Profile, Authority To Access Information & Letter of Engagement (Admin)
    8. Prepare Appt Pack (Admin)
    9. Send Appt reminder (Admin)
    10. Conduct the Appt (Adviser)
    11. Complete Appt File Note  (Adviser)
    12. Scan Appt documents
    13. Send Authority to Access Form
    14. Enter Fact find into Xplan
    15. Follow Up Providers for Authority to Access
    16. Enter product details into Xplan

Thank you, I look forward to your feedback and suggestions!

martin.joughin
    Visiting Enthusiast

Is there any way to have the date of Management Reports automatically update in Scheduler? I'd like to be able to email a Target Security Report each month for certain investments. However it always send the report as at the date I set it up, rather than the date it ran.

cathy.obrien
    Curious Observer

We are currently using Xplan in NZ and looking to find ways to improve annual reviews we do with relationship managed clients. Is there a way to have an email that can be sent with client reviewing some basic client data (like health, tax, assets, liabilities, income and expenditure along with what their goal is). Can this be set up and have a prompt for one of our team to review before this is sent?

also, I've been trying to find a way to place Xtools link into a scenario wizard so the user can go from wizard into xtools to product projection and then ideally back into the wizard to complete information and then merge out SOA for client.

sally.warncken
    Visiting Enthusiast

We are currently in the process of reviewing our approach to managing Fee Consents for clients.

At the moment, we rely heavily on spreadsheets provided by various product providers, which we recognise is not the most efficient system. Therefore, we are looking to streamline our workflow by using Xplan as the primary source of truth.

To that end, I would appreciate your insights on the following:

• Do you have a process in place that utilizes Xplan's Scheduler to track fee consents due within the next 60 days?
    • When setting up Scheduler and nominating the 60-day period from the Fee End Date, does the system pull the Fee End Date from the "Edit Base Settings"?
    • OR, does it source the Fee End Date from the individual account level?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• Welcome everyone to an Advisely Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread!

Here's how to get involved:

1. Submit Your Questions: Just type them out and post now ahead of the AMA! This is a text-based event, so no audio or video is needed. Courtney will be here to answer whatever Xplan questions you have during the scheduled time.
    2. Be Respectful: Keep it friendly and professional. Respectful dialogue makes the AMA enjoyable and informative for everyone.
    3. Stay Engaged: Feel free to follow up or ask about different topics as the thread goes on. The more you interact, the richer the conversation.
    4. Enjoy the Experience: Use this opportunity to gain insights, share laughs, and connect. Let’s make this AMA one to remember!

Looking forward to all your amazing questions and let the asking begin!