Forum Discussion

margaux.bugante
Virtual Explorer
2 months ago

Xplan Tasks: Cut-off time

Hi everyone! First time posting here :) Just wondering if there is a way to automatically add one day to a due date if the task was activated after business hours? For example, if a Prepare Plan task was completed by an adviser after 5pm on Monday, the Peer review task (which has a due date condition of 3 business days after activated) will now be due on Friday instead of Thursday? At the moment, we have to manually adjust the due dates for these scenarios. Any ideas, matthew.townsend ?

• Hi margaux.bugante

You've hit the ground running with a really good question :)  I have an idea in mind which may help but I've reached out to some very knowledgeable colleagues to see if they have any better thoughts on how this could be achieved.  

I'll share an update tomorrow but in the meantime would be great to hear from any other Advisely members if they've tackled this or something similar.

Thanks again,
    Matthew

matthew.townsend
      Icon for Iress Team rankIress Team

Hi margaux.bugantewe have an idea which may help but it's not an automated solution as would be the ideal.  Having the task system provide more flexibility for public holidays & after hours like this is something we are keen to improve in the future but hopefully this option assists in the meantime:

• Add a new outcome to your original Prepare plan task for users to select when its after hours eg, "Complete (after hours)"
      • Add a new Peer review task to your workflow which will only be activated when that after hours outcome is selected and it will bet set to 4 business days instead of 3.
      • Any task that comes after the Peer review will also need to be updated with an OR activation condition to account for the new Peer review task.

Thanks again for raising this question, we've recorded down this use case as part of our Tasks product feedback.

Thank you,
      Matthew