Forum Discussion

rainier.reyes
Icon for Advisely Team rankAdvisely Team
14 days ago

Ask an Expert: Growth Masterclass Episode 1 - Let's talk strategy

Have you tuned in to episode 1 of our new Advisely Growth Masterclass series?

If not, I highly encourage you to check out the first episode here.

In the episode, the team at Twomeys embarks on a transformational journey to scale up as they prepare to take on more clients. Principal MatthewComan sits down with rod at Business Health to uncover the health of the business and the foundations needed to realise their ambitious plans.

This is a live thread to discuss all things relating to episode 1, so we would love to know:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

• Hi rainier.reyes , I also like the idea of mapping out the process and working out what parts of the process will be individual to the adviser or standardised across the business. This is especially important for us, having a Professional Year and it's something we've been talking about recently!

rainier.reyes

Agreed, mat.tenison3 , Tangelo have provided such great insights about mapping processes—and determining who exactly does what and when—for greater efficiency (case in point, check out their free checklist here if you haven't already).

Plus, I'm sure Alisdair.Barr would agree that new entrants into the profession, like PY-ers, really appreciate and feel more supported when an advice practice has key processes documented!

• Hi guys, thank you for sharing this journey you've started on as it already has me questioning parts of my own business and thinking about things to consider. I think all advisers should be watching these if they haven't reviewed their processes recently. It's great to hear different experts on each area. We've updated our pricing several times in the last couple of years, however it's already got me thinking about other ways of doing it and how to price. It's also great to see Jessica running through some real examples on what xplan threads and tasks can do. I'm only 3 episodes in but look forward to seeing the remaining.

rainier.reyes

Thanks for your thoughts, mat.tenison3 ! It's so great to hear that the pricing piece has given you ideas—it's definitely a conversation that should be happening in the industry more often and more openly, too. I can imagine it's especially helpful for practices looking to grow as is the case for Twomeys and even your own practice!

Keep your eyes peeled for next Thursday (31 Oct) when we release episodes 4-7 😉